Early Action Decision Release

By Garrett Brinker on | Comments (101)

Exciting news! Late afternoon on Tuesday, December 18th you will receive an email with instructions on how to view your admissions decision via your UChicago Account. We will also mail admitted students their acceptance packets on the same day. Deferred and denied students will not receive notification by mail.

Please be reminded we cannot give decisions by phone, email, or any other means of communication except for the letter in your College Admissions account or in the mail.

So how are you going to pass the time from now until then? Our UChicago Admissions Tumblr has a few suggestions.

Thanks for your patience and best of luck to all of you!

101 Comments

MinSung Kim said:

That is 2 days before my December SAT scores!
I Cant Wait!

Caitlin said:

I'm so excited! UChicago is my absolute dream school :)

Gengming Liu said:

Sweet! It's finally comming... can't wait to find it out!
Best luck to all applicants.

Gengming Liu said:

Best luck to all applicants.

Gengming Liu said:

Best luck to all applicants.

Gengming said:

Best luck to all applicants.

Gengming said:

Sweet! It's finally comming... can't wait to find it out! Best luck to all applicants.

Gengming said:

Sweet!It's finally coming... can't wait to find out. Good luck fellows!

'16 said:

good luck prospective '17ers! i know how nervewracking the process is... all of you deserve it :)

'16 said:

good luck prospective '17ers! i know how nervewracking the process is... hang in there!

Raven said:

I feel like I'm gonna vomit I'm so nervous

Dominique said:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW YEAAAH!

Haowen WU said:

So exciting! Good luck all applicants! Now I just need to figure out how to spend this week wisely...

Ivy said:

YAY! Is this after most ED decisions so that applicants who got into an ED school have time to rescind their applications?

Ivy said:

Ivy said:

Yay!
Are they released AFTER most ED decisions are released so that accepted ED applicants can withdraw their applications from UChicago?

Jenna said:

I have been anxiously waiting to hear back since December began. It's petrifying. Good luck, everyone.

Jenna said:

Emily said:

I cannot can! The suspense is killing me!

Emily said:

I cannot can! The suspense is killing me! Good luck to everyone!

Lybzzzia said:

Wow! It's finally happening... >.< Best of luck everyone!

Watson said:

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

Gengming said:

Sweet! It's finally coming... can't wait to find out. Best wishes to all applicants!

ivy said:

Do you think this is after most ED dates so accepted ED applicants can rescind their applications?

Teri said:

I'm so excited. This is my number one dream school! Good luck everyone!

Teri said:

Gengming said:

Oops! That's embarrassing. Sorry guys, my browser went crazy and I really wanted to leave a comment... Anyway, best luck to all of you!

Branden said:

Sweet! It's finally cuming... can't wait to find out. Good luck fellows!

Teri said:

This is my number one dream school. Good luck everyone!

Jenna MW said:

The waiting has been a struggle. This would be an absolute dream! Best of luck everyone!

Esther Antwiwaa said:

Swag. 12/18 will either be the best day or worst day ever.

Esther Antwiwaa said:

Swag. 12/18 will either be the best day or the worst day ever.

Sara said:

I'm so excited, I can't wait!

Sara said:

I'm so excited, I can't wait!

Brett said:

So excited! My top choice. Good luck all!

Brett said:

John said:

When Penn deferred me, my counselor said I may be not fit....so academic.
When Umich deferred me, my counselor said I may be overqualified.
I don't know what Uchicago's decision would be, maybe I am too social and businesslike for this school.....:(
Who knows

andrew said:

Can't wait. Uchicago, please give me a much-desired Christmas gift!

andrew said:

andrew said:

andrew said:

Ana said:

1,300 early applicants... this is crazy! Good luck everyone :D

Ana said:

10,300 early applicants... this is crazy! Good luck everyone :D

John said:

UChicago is a place where I would definitely give up the Cambridge offer!

Kathy said:

Xiakeleodofcjw ALL THE FEELS
Anxious doesnt even cover it right now.
Chicago love me like I love you. Best of luck to everyone shivering in antici.......
.....
.....
pation.

Catherine said:

This is the day before 18th my birthday! D: Either the BEST or the WORST BIRTHDAY EVAR!!!!!!

Anyi said:

The tension is simply beyond the description of words one can possibly find..... I just can't......

Alex Silberman said:

The count down continues! I so hope that we all can keep some what of a peace of mind until then. 2 more days!

Maha said:

Im so nervous especially knowing there were 10,000 applicants what are the chances with that number??

Maha said:

Maha said:

Maha said:

Alfonso Herrera said:

UChicago is amazing, I'm so nervous....

Alfonso said:

so nervous!

Kenyah said:

OMG!!! the moment has finally arrived and I've wanted to go to this school since I was 13..and I just can't wait; Good Luck to all of you!! I hope to be amongst you all in the class of 2017

Labisha said:

I CANNOT POP ANY MORE BUBBLE WRAP!

Labisha said:

I CANNOT POP ANY MORE BUBBLE WRAP!

Kim said:

So damn nervous. Good luck to all!

Ben said:

Good luck everyone!

Ania said:

This is so exciting! Tomorrow I will know where I am going to live for the next four years!

Ania said:

This is so exciting! I will find out where I will live for the next four years!

Ania said:

This is so exciting! Tomorrow I will find out where I will live for the next four years!

Kim said:

So very nervous... Good luck to all!!

Eno said:

This school is my ultimate dream, tomorrow cannot come soon enough. Wishing everyone the very best !!!!!

Eno said:

May said:

Same! I'm so nervous/excited!! GOOD LUCK :)

Michelle said:

Just one more day! Can't wait to find out about my dream school! Good luck to everyone :)

Alanna said:

Oh dear...you're releasing decisions on my birthday?! Godspeed, fellow applicants!

Winster said:

Hope to be admitted. I would go even if I need to give up my Cambridge offer!

Winster said:

The top one choice with no doubt. I would go, giving up my Cambridge offer if admitted. Good luck to everyone!

Winster said:

Winster said:

Winster said:

Winster said:

Valmik said:

its the final countdown!!! and its snowing!!!

Ania said:

This is so exciting! Today I will find out where I will live for the next four years.

Peter Xu said:

OMG!!!, I'm so excited for the results. I can't wait to get into this school since it's on the first page of US News and Reports!

Peter Xu said:

WOW. I'm so excited. UChicago is on the 1st page of US News and World Report!

Anessa said:

sooo...."late afternoon" is pretty ambiguous. I guess I am left here to count the minutes.

Michelle said:

Just a few more hours! I wish the best of luck to everyone! Hopefully I will be attending this beautiful school next year, for it is my dream.

Solar Electrical generator, Solar powered energy Vitality, DIY Solar technology ...

Sebastian said:

This website really has all of the information and facts I needed concernkng this
subject and didn't know who to ask.

Egypt's armed forces, struggling to impose order after they toppled Islamist President Mohamed Mursi last month but wary of upsetting Egyptians by appearing to cooperate with Israel, said Israel was not involved.

They said the Rafah strike came from an Egyptian helicopter as part of efforts to crack down on al Qaeda in Sinai, a lawless desert peninsula that is home to an increasing number of militants who are also a threat to stability in Egypt.

Zotter said that when a child dies, everyone asks why. But such questions are "mysteries of God that we can't fathom," she said. She assured the boy's relatives and friends that they will one day understand the reason, when they are reunited with him.

View gallery."Washington Nationals left fielder Bryce Harper (34) …

"My first thought when I heard about it was that this probably came from a helicopter," the source said. "It could have been an Egyptian helicopter, or maybe an Israeli helicopter. Because of the proximity of the jurisdictions I reckon a casual viewer would have trouble telling them apart."

"Both Israel and Egypt were coordinating closely on Rafah this time around. I very much doubt that anything was done outside the framework of that coordination," one source who declined to be identified by name or nationality told Reuters.

Giora Eiland, a former Israeli national security adviser and retired army general, was skeptical, however, about the possibility of any real-time tactical cooperation between the Israeli and Egyptian militaries.

Kiribati is a group of islands just off the equator and the international date line about halfway between Hawaii and Australia. The total population is just over 100,000 people of primarily Micronesian descent.

Just as they were preparing to launch their rocket across the border into Israel on Friday, four Islamist guerrillas in Egypt were killed by a missile.

Wholesale ray bans china significantly significantly less sophisticated

Wholesale ray bans china allow the insurance plan firm realize

Low cost wholesale ray ban sunglasses chief executive jamie sokalsky in addition saw his or her pay out scaled again for you to us

Low cost oakleys that they flavor great

China wholesale ray restrictions hoping the most popular can make it each of the means by means of

China wholesale ray bans with out sacrificing precision

Oakley sunglass outlet although kristen likes burts bees your woman feels your woman has adequate

Oakley sunglass outlet colors include common darkish as well as black